Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 3/4 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature. Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with caramel sauce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Hershey caramels.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 352 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 24, 2020
I opt for the brown sugar and put a cup and two tablespoons of it in there... also I put a tablespoon of sour cream in it and instead of using the caramel recipe I used Hershey's Caramel that's for icecream and it came out perfect, so, so, so good.
Aug 13, 2020
No comment left
Mar 28, 2018
very good cheesecake. I did bake it in a water bath, but it took 50 minutes for the filling to set properly.
Aug 31, 2016
I give the cheesecake 5 stars and the caramel topping 4. The next time I make this, I would make a caramel topping from scratch, no prewrapped caramels! It just isn't as good, or as creamy as what you can make from scratch. As it cooled, it seized up and began to harden and the end result wasn't at all like the photo. I added drizzled chocolate also and made it more of a Turtle cheesecake. Everyone loved it, but I'm my biggest critic...homemade topping next time!
Sep 24, 2014
This is so easy to make and delicious! The texture is so creamy and with the caramel sauce, everybody just raved about it! I made it in a 9 inch springform pan and had to bake it close to an hour.
May 30, 2014
Am i able to make these individually? Meaning in small cupcake mold forms? Pls help it really will help me.
Feb 25, 2014
This cheesecake is one of the easiest and tastiest I have every tried! I also added a chopped Heath bar to the topping. Thank you for sharing!
Feb 25, 2014
Shake things up a bit with the crust and used crushed biscotti (chocolate, macaroon, or almond)! Also, I double the recipe to achieve a taller cake
Oct 20, 2013
Very easy to make and tastes excellent! We made this cheesecake for the first time last night and won a cheesecake contest with it today!
Oct 4, 2013
Yummy! This cheesecake is really good. I love every aspect of it - the crust, the cheesecake filling, and the caramel topping. I often use pecans instead of walnuts because I more typically have those on hand. I have sometimes also drizzled some chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce over the top of each slice as well, in create a turtle cheesecake-type flavor.