Caramel Apple Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apple slices
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 230° (thread stage), 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with apple slices.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 167 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 8, 2015
I set this on the table for our holiday in a crock pot. it was so delicious!
Oct 26, 2014
I made this and put it in my crock pot. The color was a beautiful caramel but by the time I served the apples and fondue it had turned a dark brown.
Nov 7, 2011
LOVED this, I'd probably use about half the sugar next time, and it doesn't need to be in a fondue pot/mini slow cooker as this stays warm for hours.
Jan 26, 2011
No comment left
Dec 23, 2010
This recipe is so good! A family favorite.
Jan 2, 2010
excellent dessert fondue. Add 1 C of chopped peanuts to the recipe, you can roll your apple slice in the nuts after dipping in caramel.