Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 14 muffins (3/4 cup spread)
- ESPRESSO SPREAD:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine the spread ingredients; cover and process until well blended. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved. Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm with espresso spread.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin with 1 tablespoon spread: 273 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 1, 2020
Just WOW! If you don’t try these YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!! Thanks for an incredible recipe!??
Apr 27, 2020
I absolutely loved this recipe!!! Super soft,tasty. I’m a fan of this recipe and I made two batches in one day because the first one was gone in a split second. Next time I’ll do the topping so that I can give a full 5-stars. Thank you for this !
Mar 30, 2020
Ace. The only easy recipe I haven’t fukd up in 7yrs Turned my fan oven down 10 degrees and it was cooked to perfection in 17 minutes
Nov 3, 2019
I have made this recipe dozens of times. They are some of the most requested items I make. The only change I make is that I double the spread recipe and I make the muffins as mini muffins.
Apr 15, 2019
Yummy muffins, even the folks in my house who say they don’t like coffee (!) liked them! I swapped out the instant coffee for brewed coffee: in place of half the milk and also a couple of teaspoons in the frosting. Delish!
Dec 26, 2017
Made these muffins last year for New Years Day, and plan on making them again for the new year, the family especially loves the espresso spread. The muffin is moist, flavorful and simple to make.
Apr 17, 2017
We gave these as gifts and everyone loved them. Love the spread!
Mar 30, 2017
Followed exactly and these were excellent. Will be adding these to the recipe book. Thanks for sharing!!!
Mar 4, 2017
No comment left
Dec 16, 2016
I've been making this muffin for years. I actually got a proposal out of it. ( true humor- my friend is a coffee fiend if I ever met one!) will have to try the sour cream and chai version listed by lots_a_smiles. The Espresso Spread is wonderful.. I might have to figure out how to get it like a caramel macchiato too. Love this recipe, it will be a staple of yours too!