Candied-Ginger Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the sweet potatoes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Pour over sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 251 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 27, 2011
I love sweet potatoes so this sweet receipt was right up my alley. They came out smelling so good and my taste buds were very happy with me. One thing I would do next time is try to make sure all the pieces are cooked enough so they are all soft. Some pieces were a bit tougher than others but all in all a very good receipt.
Oct 11, 2009
This is an awesome recipe! I love the taste of the candied ginger mixed with the mildness of the sweet potatoe! This recipe is five stars all the way!
Nov 6, 2008
try with strawberries