California Burger Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Chopped cherry tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes on each side. Place burgers in lettuce leaves. Combine feta and Miracle Whip; spread over burgers. Top with avocado, red onion and if desired, tomatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 wraps: 252 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Feb 19, 2019
No comment left
Jul 30, 2018
Absolutely delicious and I didn’t miss the bread at all. I loved the way the drippings from the burger added a nice warmed taste to the lettuce. I used Romaine and it worked fine. One can really dress this one up. VFE. Happy to be the first one stamping this one a healthy winner.