Calico Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, zucchini, red pepper, chilies and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and stir gently. Chill for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 191 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 24, 2019
Made a half batch of this as written and loved it. So did my "meh - maybe I'll eat a spoonful to see" family members. Yeah, tell that to the almost empty bowl in the fridge. Next time I'll make a full batch with just a couple of additions for "fun" cause this is a very versatile recipe. Thanks Henry!
Aug 18, 2015
No comment left
Jul 10, 2013
Excellent salad! I had some leftover cooked corn on the cob, so I cut it off the cob and used that instead of the frozen corn. I don't like raw onion in salads, so I put a little dried minced onion in the dressing. Had no zucchini so left it out. I even skipped the green chilies, but did use a little extra on the sweet red pepper because I had some. It was absolutely delicious even with all the liberties I took with the recipe. I plan to make it again for a church potluck this weekend. A keeper!
Jul 8, 2011
Delicious salad! I exchanged the zucchini for 2 cans (16 oz each) Black Beans. It was very tasty. I served it at a family picnic potluck and received rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I'll for sure make it again.
Mar 23, 2009
No comment left