Cajun Shrimp Lasagna Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked andouille sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp and onion in oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in tomatoes and Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until smooth. Add sausage; set aside.
- Spread 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over each noodle. Carefully roll up; place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with pepper Jack cheese and paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 piece: 689 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 1425mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
May 26, 2020
We enjoyed this as a very elevated version of mac'n'cheese. I stuffed large shells and also used mozz instead of pepper jack; half and half instead of milk. I added a little hot sauce to the cheese mix, as well as powdered mustard because it always improves flavor. Didn't have Andouille- substituted Kielbasa. I filled 16 shells and it had plenty of sauce for bread. Will probably make again!
Dec 2, 2019
Made this for a pot luck with a few close friends. What a hit..... Thank you!
Aug 21, 2013
No comment left
Mar 24, 2013
Love the taste. Instead of making roll ups I mixed everything together and make regular lasagna. What a hit with my family!
Jan 2, 2012
My husband made this with whole wheat lasagna noodles. We only used 1 pound of shrimp and had to sub Italian sausage (no Andouille here). Our Cajun seasoning from Louisiana is tasty but not hot. It made 8 rollups and we had extra cheese sauce. Excellent dinner and our guests loved it!!
Sep 12, 2011
Very good. I used velveeta cheese and omited the sausage. I used a few extra noodles and they rolled up fine.
Sep 11, 2011
This was the worst recipe I have ever made. What a waste of a pound of shrimp.
Jun 22, 2011
I will make it again although I think serving it over spaghetti noodles might be easier!
Feb 2, 2011
Excellent! My teen-age boys said I must definitely make this again! The flavor reminded us of our favorite dish at Buzzard Billie's, a cajun restaurant in our area that closed.
Jan 26, 2011
No comment left