Cajun Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool completely.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; transfer to a large bowl. Add onions, parsley and 3 tablespoons vinegar; toss.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove with slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
- To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Pour over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 361 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 13, 2015
My family just didn't care for this meal
Jun 30, 2014
This is a great potato salad for those that like it hot---in more ways than one! Unfortunately, I don't make it very often (or very "hot") anymore...age/time have given me the gift of acid reflux, so I have to tame it down. It still tastes good, but I miss the original flavor.
Aug 31, 2012
Love this recipe! Have made numerous times and everyone asks for the recipe. I have made both with smoked kielbasa and spicy andouille (cut down on cayenne!) Yum!
May 10, 2010
My husband is not a fan of vinegar but he could not quit eating this recipe. He thought it was wonderful.