Cajun Chicken Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices green pepper
- 8 slices sweet red pepper
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss Cajun seasoning and chicken to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in cream and seasonings. Add linguine and toss to coat; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 873 calories, 60g fat (36g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 1239mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Mar 25, 2014
My favorite recipe to make!
Jan 31, 2014
We have started enjoying Cajun food, and this is great! It combines the flavors we like and the pasta is great for kids! I double the recipe to make enough for my family. Awesome!
Dec 12, 2012
We loved this dish. It has great flavor and is easy to make.
Nov 12, 2012
Very delicious! I used half & half in place heavy cream and added a dab of cream cheese.
Mar 10, 2012
Not the best pasta I've ever had, but definately the BEST PASTA I'VE EVER MADE!!! Very yummy!
Sep 18, 2011
This is one of our family favorites! Changes I made for us - omitted the peppers and added 1-2 Tablespoons of Crushed Red Pepper makes it a spicy creamy - and of course I make a much larger serving for leftovers!
Aug 12, 2011
No comment left
Jun 22, 2011
I loved it...made a couple of changes..Stir fried chicken until done.....used freah chopped basil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice instead of lemon pepper(did not have any on hand), used garlic salt for the garlic powder and salt....I used Tony Chachere for the Cajun seasoning..will make again...delicious!
May 18, 2011
Fabulous! Found that I needed only half the amount of cream the recipe called for (maybe my chicken and mushrooms let off too much water?) and I let it simmer several minutes until it thickened some. Also used bowtie pasta.
Mar 10, 2011
Tasted as close as I have come to my favorite "rasta pasta" from Buzzard Billies. I dream about this meal.