Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add the chicken, Cajun seasoning and garlic; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture. Stir in Alfredo and spaghetti sauces.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 401 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 27, 2020
I had high hopes for this one, and it did not disappoint. Fantastic!! Creamy, spicy, pasta goodness! The only change I made was chopping the onions and peppers, rather than slicing, and adding more garlic; just personal preference. Love this dish! Next time I’m going to double recipe so I can use a whole box of pasta, and have one to freeze.
Sep 26, 2017
Followed the recipe exactly and I was just overwhelmed with the salt from the cajun spice seasoning to the point that leftovers were tossed. I might make again but using a homemade seasoning minus the salt.
Mar 7, 2016
Very Good. I roasted bone-in chicken breasts to get the 2 cups cooked chicken.
Nov 7, 2015
Awesome recipe! We really enjoyed the creamy tomato sauce with the "kick" of Cajun. I used whole what spaghetti instead. I also did not assemble it into a casserole; I served the delicious sauce over servings of pasta. Will definitely make this again.
Nov 2, 2015
You had me at "Cajun." We love spicy, so this caught my eye right away. My husband and I loved the creaminess of the sauce paired with the Cajun spice. Winner, Winner.
Aug 11, 2015
My husband loved it! and it was better than I thought since Cajun seasoning doesn't appeal to me.
Feb 28, 2015
Delicious. Make again.
Aug 28, 2014
I've made this twice now and we love it. It's so easy and totally delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!
Jul 28, 2014
T. Hanna, I completely agree. What's the point in pinning it, if someone just decides to take over with another recipe?!? I can't comment on this recipe but here's the link that this page used to take us to. http://comfortablydomestic.com/2011/03/05/cajun-chicken-alfredo/I'm having it for dinner tonight!
May 12, 2014
I'm wondering what happened to the site this recipe used to take me too, B/C it was a blog with a fantastic homemade alfredo sauce (no disgusting canned bologna) and I want that recipe! Did you guys buy rights or something b/c this version and it's ingredient list is disappointing to say the least.