Cabbage Roll Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 pounds chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, tomato sauce, tomatoes, rice, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour broth over the mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 233 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 18, 2012
No comment left
Nov 1, 2011
My extremely picky meat-and-potatoes husband and I love this! I have made it twice and made a few changes the second time to make it perfect for us. I used 90% lean ground beef,I precooked the cabbage in a steamer basket, I did not drain the diced tomatoes and I added an 8oz. can of plain tomato sauce for a little more "tomato-saucy" flavor. Leftovers taste even better the next day. FYI: I weighed the cabbage on my little scale both before and after steaming, then measured it. It was 4 cups of cooked cabbage. I will make this again many times.
Jan 13, 2010
Used Tomato Soup instead of Sauce; left out the thyme. It needed some more garlic and pepper and the addition of crushed red pepper flakes to suit our taste.
Oct 2, 2009
Anybody tried to covert to a slow cooker recipe with success?
Nov 15, 2008
No comment left