Butterscotch Apple Treat
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups diced red apples
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding
- In a large bowl, combine apples, marshmallows, peanuts, pineapple and raisins if desired. Combine whipped topping and dry pudding mix; fold into fruit mixture and mix well. Refrigerate until serving.
Feb 23, 2011
This is one of our favorite apple salads/desserts.My husband rarely finishes the peanuts in the container of Mixed Nuts so I always save them for this recipe. I have used several different types of apples and have also used pineapple tidbits instead of crushed for more texture. Although this seems like a fall favorite I make it in the Spring as well and use pastel colored marshmallows to garnish the top to make a colorful presentation.You can also tint the whipped topping yellow or light green.
Feb 12, 2009
You can easily make this with fat free pudding and whipped topping.