Butter Brickle Dessert
Ideal for feeding a crowd or just your family, this special confection can be made in advance and stored easily in the freezer. "I try to keep a panful handy during summer, since that's the time my family requests it most, "relates subscriber Leila Flavell of Bulyea, Saskatchewan.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12-1/2 ounces) caramel topping or sauce
- 1/2 gallon (rectangular) vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, combine butter, flour, sugar, oats and pecans; spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; break into pieces while still warm.
- Pat half of the crumbs into a 13x9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with half of the caramel topping. Cut ice cream into 1-in. slices; place in a single layer in pan. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Drizzle with remaining topping. Freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.