Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey
I know what you're thinking—but even the kids will eat these slightly sweet and nutty Brussels sprouts like candy. My family always turned their noses up at Brussels sprouts until they tried these, and now they request the dish often. —Deborah Latimer, Loveland, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pecans in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Bake until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, sherry and cream until blended. Top with pecans; drizzle with honey.
- Bake, uncovered, until Brussels sprouts are browned and tender, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper before serving.