Brussels Sprouts and Tangerines
This bright, wholesome side dish goes on the dinner table in just 30 minutes. What's more, it requires only a handful of simple ingredients. Holiday cooking doesn't get much easier than that! —Monique Hooker, DeSoto, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup shredded celery root
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine zest
- 2 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cover and cook until crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute celery root and onion in oil until tender. Add tangerine zest and Brussels sprouts. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender,5-6 minutes. Gently stir in tangerines; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 132 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.