Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pepperoni, sausage and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced basil, oil, garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon over pizza. Garnish with additional basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 346 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1044mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 6, 2018
This was really really good. The pizza as a whole was a tad greasy, but no more than a regular delivery pizza. I only made 3 small changes: used mini pepperoni, and only about half of a normal size pouch (so I think that's about 2-3oz). I didn't have fresh basil and felt too lazy to go to the grocery store for just that item, so I used dry; about 1 tsp seemed like a good amount. Next time I'll splurge on the fresh basil because I bet it makes this pizza taste even more amazing. Lastly I used an Italian cheese mix, not just mozzarella. Loved this, it was easy and great way to use leftover sausage & pepperoni.
Oct 21, 2016
Really good pizza. Loved the freshness of it.
Jul 4, 2015
Why do people give bad ratings for something they haven't even tried? IT WAS GREAT!
Oct 21, 2014
This is not Pizza
Apr 9, 2014
Mar 29, 2014
This pizza was very good. It kinda fooled people with the sausage and pepperoni on the bottom where you couldn't see them. Will make again .
Dec 31, 2013
Sep 5, 2013
No comment left
Mar 16, 2013
No comment left
Sep 3, 2012
Very quick and easy to make. My whole family loved it... even my 3 year old.