Broken Glass Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine lime gelatin and 1-1/2 cups boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into a lightly greased 8x4-in. loaf pan; chill until very firm. Repeat to make the strawberry and orange gelatins in separate pans. Combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press into a greased 13x9-in. dish. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soften unflavored gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside until room temperature, 20-30 minutes.
- When flavored gelatins are firm, cut into 1/2-in. cubes. In a large bowl, whisk whipped topping into pineapple juice mixture. Gently fold 2/3 of the cubes into whipped topping mixture. Spoon over crust; top with the remaining cubes. Chill for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 183 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 8, 2016
My mom made this often before she passed, but I never got her recipe. Thanks Angela for sharing it here!
Apr 18, 2011
A friend of mine gave me this recipe about 20 yrs ago and I've been making it ever since. The only I've changed is I use yogurt instead of whipped topping. This dessert is just as great with other flavors that I've used. My family and friends love this dessert whichever flavors I use.
Sep 25, 2010
Prepared this recipe for our daughters pre-birthday celebration in August. Ideal for a hot summer evening sweet dessert. Delicious and very easy to prepare!
Jul 1, 2010
No comment left
Jun 8, 2010
This recipe always goes over well, especially with kids but adults love it too. I have used other gelatin flavors such as cherry and lemon.
Apr 6, 2010
This is such a great dessert to eat. It's worth the little bit of extra work to make it. One of my favorites.