Broiled Halibut Kabobs
My grandmother used to prepare these kabobs for special occasions. The orange-flavored barbecue sauce complements the fish nicely, whether it is broiled or grilled.—Tiffany O'Neill, Rossville, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds halibut fillets
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut fish into 1-in. pieces. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the fish, green pepper, onion, pineapple and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until blended.
- On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce.