Broiled Chicken Tenderloin Sandwiches
I'm always looking for new ways to serve chicken, and these tangy hot sandwiches have become a favorite. My husband and 5-year-old always ask for seconds. —Jessica Dieters, Laramie, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 Italian sandwich buns, split
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper, basil and garlic salt until smooth; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and remaining lemon-pepper; set aside.
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Spoon half of lemon juice mixture over top. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn chicken; top with remaining lemon juice mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Place buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread cut side of each bottom half with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Layer with chicken, onion and lettuce; replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 532 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 49g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.