Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken and wild rice mix
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the broccoli, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in soup and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 178 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 6, 2020
Made no changes. Followed the receipe exactly. HUGE winner!
Apr 22, 2020
Easy and taste soup! Thank You for the recipe. If your having trouble finding Uncle Ben's wild rice mix, I used rice a roni and it works well. I did add some additional seasoning, but other wise as directed.
Jan 24, 2018
Could someone please tell me what to use for the first item? I cannot find a chicken and wild rice mix! Is there a brand out there somewhere? Thanks!
Oct 4, 2017
I didn't use as much broccoli, less than a cup. I also added a handful of shredded chicken and an extra cup of water, it was excellent!
Mar 14, 2017
This recipe is quick, easy, and very tasty. The recipe as written is very mild, so you can of course experiment with your favorite herb and spice combinations. I opted for fresh steamed broccoli and neufch?tel cheese and low sodium cream of chicken soup. I'll be keeping this recipe handy for sure.
Jan 21, 2013
I've made this several times...its super yummy and super easy to throw together. Wouldn't change a thing!!!
Nov 12, 2012
Bland. So very bland.
Oct 27, 2012
Really great soup! It's a thick hearty soup. I had 2 bowls. My kids liked it too. I liked the almonds in it, but 1 of my kids didn't so I will have everyone add them in if they want in their bowls... Adding this to my soup list along with my fav on here .. cheesburger soup.
Jun 14, 2012
My Family loves this soup. I have been making it for years.
Feb 6, 2012
No comment left