Broccoli-Ham Puff Pancake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; place in a 425° oven until melted, 3-4 minutes. In a small bowl, beat the flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Pour into prepared skillet. Bake at 425° until puffed and golden brown, 22-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add the remaining filling ingredients. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon into center of puff pancake. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 413 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 16, 2020
Not impressive but I will say that the puff pancake definitely puffed up but at 25 minutes the bottom of the pancake was not completely done (still doughy). The broccoli-ham mixture is basically creamed broccoli with ham (creamed peas would be more the old fashioned recipe).