Broccoli Fish Bundles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 18 fresh broccoli spears (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 6 sole or flounder fillets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, optional
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, place broccoli in a small amount of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain.
- For each bundle, place a cheese cube on three spears. Wrap with a fish fillet and fasten with a toothpick if necessary. Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper if desired. Bake at 350° for 15-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer fish bundles to a serving platter; remove toothpicks. Drizzle with butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 354 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 8, 2015
A nice way to combine things I usually serve together anyway- fish and broccoli.We tried it with tilapia instead of flounder and found it harder to stay wrapped. I used a toothpick to hold it together and needed to cook it a bit longer to make sure the inside wascompletely cooked. Tasted delicious!
Apr 1, 2013
No comment left
Mar 22, 2011
This was an interesting & different way to serve fish. My family and I liked it, and I plan to make it again. I may try different cheeses, just to experiment, but it's excellent just as it is.
Aug 6, 2007
No comment left