Broccoli-Chicken Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven, combine milk, broth and dressing mix; bring to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in process cheese until melted. Add rice and chicken; heat through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 442 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1571mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Aug 23, 2020
OMG, my family loves this soup. It has become a favorite meal in our house. Thank you so much for this. I always use 2% milk and add a little more broccoli when I make it. Love, love, love it!
Jun 22, 2020
This recipe is very easy to make and has a surprisingly delicious flavor. Ranch dressing in a soup - who knew! I will be making this many times. Thanks for posting.
May 25, 2016
Did not really like this. Very bland. Not sure what we did wrong. I can never make cheese soup though. :(
Jan 11, 2014
I loved the idea of usnig up things that I usually have. i did use 2% milk and reduced calorie Veveeta to save some calories, but have to say this was really easy, quick and delish.
Jan 5, 2014
This is quite tasty and easy to make. The Ranch mix gives it a nice flavor. I added extra broccoli, which made it nice and hardy.