Broccoli Cheddar Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli (about 11 cups), thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir until moistened. Fold in cheese and broccoli.
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish; place dish in oven 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Carefully tilt baking dish to coat bottom and sides with butter. Add broccoli mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 119 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 28, 2020
Yum. These tasted great while still warm after standing time. I'm assuming this is finger food but mine didn't hold together well - perhaps I should have re-chopped my broccoli a bit finer. These squares taste best on same day of baking.
Nov 21, 2019
I love broccoli but seriously this was WAAAAAY too much broccoli ....Saw this on All recipes and they used 2 bags of broccoli, not 3. I recommend the same.