Brie-and-Veggie Brunch Strata
“Hearty, warm and filling, this pretty strata is great for a gathering. You can substitute 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese for the Brie, if you wish.” — Lee Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (1 pound), cubed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces), rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and potato in oil until tender.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, onion mixture, Brie and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 7, 2010
Delicious. Served to my book club and received rave revews and recipe requests.
Jan 1, 2010
I made this for a New Year's Day brunch and it was a big hit. I didn't make any changes to the recipe and would make it again as is.