Breaded Chicken with Avocado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- In a large shallow dish, combine the cornmeal, cornstarch, garlic salt and cumin. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and water. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip into egg mixture, then place in cornmeal mixture and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken until a thermometer reads 165°, about 4 minutes on each side. Top with cheese and avocado; cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Top with sour cream and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 548 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Jan 23, 2016
Very nice spice combination!*i used spelt instead of cornmeal and added some paprika to the egg wash -- yum
Jan 14, 2013
This is delicious! A super easy dinner that seems like it's from a restaurant.
May 29, 2012
This recipe is such a treat. Due to dietary reasons, I only serve this once or twice a year - it's SO good!