Bread Bowl Fondue
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; set top aside. Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the process cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. Stir in the ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into bread shell; replace top. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the filling is heated through.
- Meanwhile, toss reserved bread cubes with oil and butter. Place on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Unwrap loaf and remove bread top; stir filling. Serve with vegetables and toasted bread cubes.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 15, 2017
Not a big fan of Velveeta cheese, but overall this recipe was pretty good! Nice addition for a dinner party that I hosted.
Nov 28, 2012
This has become my daughter's favorite dip. I put ingredients in bowl and microwave 2 minutes at a time (stir) until melted and then put in hollowed out Hawaiian bread bowl. I cut up Hawaiian rolls into cubes for dipping, but anything is good in this dip. I did add more Velveeta. You don't have to be real accurate on amounts. I do it a little different each time, and it's always good.