Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 100% bran cereal
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; set aside. In a bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 2 minutes. Add egg and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups. Bake at 400° until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Serve warm.
Jan 9, 2020
I used Stevia and substituted my homemade applesauce for the oil. They are dry and not very sweet so I will try again. The recipe only filled ten muffin cups for me. I love the other comments and will keep experimenting!
May 26, 2016
Knew we would like this good basic muffin recipe but it ended up being loved! Easy to assemble, crushed flakes before adding. I wanted to dress them up a little so I added pecans and cinnamon. Heavy, moist muffin. Delicious! As a volunteer field editor with Taste of Home, I enjoy classic recipes using ingredients that can be stirred together quickly!
Jun 17, 2012
I was looking for a good basic Bran Muffin Recipe and this was perfect.I added some Lemon Extract, a splash of Orange Juice, some grated Orange Peel and Golden Raisins.Nice moist muffins! A definite Do-Over! =)
Jan 8, 2011
I added frozen blueberries to this recipe, and it was delicious!
Dec 3, 2009
I added 1 tsp orang extract, about 1 tsp orange peel and some dried cranberries. They were delicious!
Feb 2, 2007
No comment left