Braised Pork Loin Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Mix first 5 ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, bring wine to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Add chops; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pork is tender, 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce: 218 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 30, 2019
I also added additional garlic and the rub was superb. Easy and delicious!
Apr 23, 2019
Our chops were thicker, so I used a combination of wine and stock and braised them longer. Love the rub but I needed more, and used a higher garlic ratio, because we ate garlic lovers. Delicious!
Apr 13, 2019
I enjoyed the white wine braising liquid with notes of rosemary and sage. I found my chops needed just a little more time to braise. They smell fantastic as they cook.
Aug 28, 2017
Aug 15, 2017
Quick, easy and deliscious!
Oct 20, 2016
Our favorite pork chop recipe. Quick, Easy, and so flavorful. I have substituted Pineapple juice or Apple cider in place of the wine & apple juice, and it also is very tasty.
Jul 26, 2014
Made this for dinner tonight. My husband loved them. Will definitely make again.
Jan 11, 2013
My whole family enjoyed these. Pork chops are not my favorite but I actually look forward to them when fixed like this.
Oct 19, 2012
No comment left
May 8, 2012
The flavor was wonderful, but the meat turned out VERY dry. This was a very short braising time, which I think was the problem. Maybe a fattier meat next time, and a longer time cooking.