Bourbon-Infused Fingerling Potatoes
These saucy potatoes turn out so full of flavor from the combination of bourbon, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. What an easy way to do something different with potatoes! —JoAnn Mathias, Hoschton, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pounds assorted fingerling or other small potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat; add onions and green peppers. Cook and stir until tender; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat; add potatoes. Using a fork or potato masher, flatten potatoes slightly. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Return onion mixture to pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.