Borage Cucumber Salad Dressing
It is so easy to make your own salad dressings at home. This one is so flavorful and keeps so well in the fridge, that you will be making it often.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mixed salad greens
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Drizzle over salad greens. Garnish with borage flowers if desired. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 25, 2014
We've grown borage for a number of years and this recipe is a great way to showcase its mild cucumber flavor. Although my husband and I enjoyed the recipe as it was printed, we liked it even better after I added fresh dill and chives.