Bonnie’s Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional melted butter and sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Blend in the milk, butter, nutmeg and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Brush tops with additional melted butter; sprinkle with sugar.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Oct 15, 2016
Taste is ok. But when we took them out of the muffin liners, they stuck the to paper and we had to eat them with a fork. Won't be making again. Maybe if I would have made them in a cake pan, it might have been ok . But I've also tasted better ones.
Jul 9, 2015
I have been making these muffins since the recipe first came out in the magazine, and they are my favorite blueberry muffin recipe....I return to it time after time.
Jan 10, 2015
These are absolutely perfect. The best blueberry muffin recipe ever. Once I tried it I quit looking for any other recipe. They also work great as dairy free. I just use almond milk and oil instead of milk and butter. They are not as rich but still fantastic.
Aug 29, 2014
These muffins are so moist and freeze nicely.
Jan 28, 2014
I had to make these tonight and I am so happy I did...Love them.
Jun 5, 2013
No comment left
Jul 8, 2011
These are great! They are moist and taste wonderful. Wold make again and again.
Jul 21, 2010
To dense...more cakelike then muffins, taste was not bad..but won't make again.
Jun 20, 2010
These are really wonderful. They're not crumbly, they're soft and moist. I made them in with a extra-large muffin pan...bake on 350 degrees for 35 mins.It could be a great change of pace for a child's lunch....muffin, hard boiled egg, piece of fruit or fruit salad and milk. Yummm!
Jun 11, 2010
No comment left