Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 2, 2020
Great taste , love the streusel topping
May 3, 2020
with the recipe as is, it is a little think. I added about 1/2 more milk and then my frozen blueberries thawed in the freezer so had the extra juices. So with more liquid it was perfect! The topping was great and made a ton! My family LOVED THEM!
Mar 5, 2019
I agree with everyone. a waste of blueberries and way to thick. not enough sugar. I used a topping recipe with a box of muffin mix and they were much better. think I'll stick to them and just do the topping recipe I got to use on the store bought. thank God for Betty crocker
Jul 14, 2018
No comment left
Jun 19, 2018
Terrible! I have 3 unhappy kids waiting for me to make a different recipe because this one is so bad!
Oct 2, 2017
Blueberry muffins are my favorite and I'm always on the lookout for a new recipe that will become "the one". This is not it. These dry, dense, bland muffins were a big disappointment. It was hard to get the thick, gloppy batter into the muffin tins without it sticking to my fingers or the paper liners I used. It definitely needs more butter and sugar and an extra egg to make it anywhere close to a muffin. After tasting one, the rest went in the garbage along with the recipe.
Sep 27, 2017
I followed the directions. I don't know why people are having so much trouble with this. I noticed the dough looked a little more bread-like than most recipes, but they came out wonderfully!
Feb 18, 2017
This was a waste of fresh blueberries. The mix is like a ball of glue, not nearly enough liquid or oil maybe. Doubled the milk just to stir the batter. I'm not sure how this recipe has a "4 star" rating but I won't use this recipe again.
Sep 9, 2016
Made these turned out okay. Needs more sugar and cooking temperature seemed too high.I did not cook them as long. I will add more sugar and change cooking temp and time next time
Aug 8, 2016
wasted my fresh blueberries on this awful recipe. Got an F in my book. The few people that loved them as is must have been relatives.