Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries and pecans. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 476 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
May 28, 2020
No comment left
May 7, 2020
Wish I would have read the review first. Got the recipe from a friend and when I went to put it in the pan I thought for sure I forgot a wet ingredient! It is baking now and my fingers are crossed as I didn’t get it spread all the way in my springform pan. I’m a Betty bandaid in the kitchen, not a Betty Crocker ??
Apr 28, 2020
A little dry and bland for me
Apr 4, 2020
Taste amazing. I doubled the recipe, used half the sugar as brown sugar and added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the cake. Be aware the batter is stiff and has to be pushed into pan like cookie dough but doesn't get dry.
Mar 15, 2020
I also used brown sugar and oatmeal in topping.
Sep 21, 2019
Absolutely Delish. I added 1/3 cup oatmeal to the topping. Wonderful recipe!
Jul 2, 2019
Everyone loved it and said I had to make it again. It was very easy to make. The next time, I will use brown sugar instead of white sugar for the streusel topping.
Apr 14, 2019
I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the cake batter and 1/2 teaspoon of Penzey's cinnamon to the streusel mixture. I also used brown sugar (1/4 cup of dark and 1/4 cup of light) instead of white sugar for the streusel. Just ate a piece. Delicious, but it needs to cool completely before cutting, otherwise it's very crumbly. I will make this again.
Jan 28, 2018
Very good. May double the topping next time. I also used brown sugar for the topping
May 12, 2017
I followed the recipe exactly as it is written. I was a little concerned as the batter was extremely thick; thick as cookie dough. It was difficult to spread in the pan. Despite this, the recipe turned out beautifully. The streusel had a perfect flavor and crunch. Loved it!