Blueberry Chops with Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- SWEET POTATOES:
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pork rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- For sauce, combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place sweet potatoes and enough water to cover in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes until smooth, adding butter, brown sugar, cream, salt and cinnamon. Cover; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill or broiler. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat on a broiler pan until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes per side. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Serve over sweet potatoes; top with sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 520 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1216mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
Delicious!! Love the chipotle with adobo sauce with the blueberries. Nummy!!
May 1, 2020
Yummy! I just had baked sweet potatoes with it instead of making the mash, and I sprinkled Rosemary seasoning on the pork along with the salt and pepper. The sauce was a little thin, so I thickened it with 2 tsp cornstarch and 1/8-1/4 cup water.
Jul 7, 2019
What a great combination! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe and I can't wait to make it again!