Blue Plate Beef Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 438 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
May 8, 2019
Tried these last night and my husband said I can definitely make these again! They are a keeper.
Nov 3, 2018
I copied this recipe from a "Taste of Home" magazine several years ago, and it has become a family favorite. The mustard in the patties and the horseradish in the sauce really add flavor! Still rather mild in flavor, it is comforting home cooking. *Do make the patties thick - it makes a tasty difference!
Jan 3, 2016
I've been making this recipe for years. The horseradish really makes a great sauce!
Dec 7, 2014
Nice change from meatloaf or regular hamburger for an easy meal.
Oct 25, 2014
Love it! I have made this numerous time with mashed potatoes. I omit the horseradish.
Feb 16, 2014
We are not big fans of horseradish. Do you taste it when cooked?
Jun 6, 2013
I clipped this out of the magazine forever ago - and just found it again. This is now my son's new favorite - easy, hot and hearty.
Dec 20, 2012
This is delicious! Easy to ake, it has a wonderful flavor. A great family dinner nd for casual company. I made it little bit easier by using canned mushrooms.
Jun 19, 2012
My husband said this was the best ever and wants me to make it more often
May 24, 2012
This is really easy to make i make just a big meat loaf and bake it for about 45 min.to 1 hour