Blue Cheese Crostini
“My sister-in-law gave me this great recipe, which includes two of my favorite ingredients—blue cheese and pears. Yum!” writes Kate Hilts of Grand Rapids, Michigan. TIP: “Instead of a loaf of French bread, I usually buy a baguette and cut it at an angle to give the slices a nice look,” Kate adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 15 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick), lightly toasted
- 1 medium ripe pear
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in the blue cheese and walnuts. Spread evenly over toasted bread.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Core pear and cut into 30 thin slices. Place two pear slices on each crostini. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 129 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.