Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 7g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 10, 2020
Really good light dinner. I used already cooked bacon and substituted some olive oil for the bacon drippings. Was sad there wasn't more!!
Jun 4, 2020
Yummm! I threw some arugula over the top for show.
Dec 17, 2019
I made this last night and it was sooo good. I put chilli and white button mushrooms in without parsley. Thank you for the recipe. Definitely making it again.
Nov 10, 2019
This turned out good. I really liked it but my husband wasn’t too crazy about it. The fresh parsley was his main complaint. Maybe dried parsley would have been better. I really like that I didn’t have to do math to make a smaller meal. Serves 2.
Mar 31, 2019
This dish is amazing and fairly cheap to make. My husband likes a bit of heat in his food so I chose canned tomatoes with green chiles. I also added diagonal sliced green onion, sliced black olives and grated fresh parmesan cheese over this dish before serving. We loved this recipe!!!
Oct 24, 2017
Simple, quick, delicious. Will make again soon!
Oct 3, 2017
Simple, yet delicious! I try a lot of Taste of Home recipes and this is one of the best. Family loves.
Jul 24, 2017
Made this tonight, my whole family loved it! I doubled the recipe because I needed it to feed four. I made a side of fresh green beans, bread with oil, simple, delicious weeknight meal! Thanks for another great recipe Taste of Home!
Apr 23, 2017
I made this tonight and give it five stars. Delicious. I used spaghetti instead of linguine since I didn't have any and followed another reviewer's advice and used a can of diced tomatoes. It was delicious. So quick and easy, too. We will have this again.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 20, 2017
I made this recipe as written,except omitting the parsley. With a vegetable side, it made a nice dinner, light but filling. Next time I might add some olives, mild chile peppers, for a little more excitement.