BLT Egg Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of toast and cut into small pieces. Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with cheese slices and bacon.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Pour over bacon.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs over medium heat until they reach desired doneness; place over bacon. Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cut in squares; serve with lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 594 calories, 42g fat (16g saturated fat), 251mg cholesterol, 1262mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 6, 2020
Thanks for a fabulous meal option. In Covid tried this option with a tweak- Dairy Free (on account of allergies). Substituted sausage for bacon, soya milk and soya cheese for dairy products and margarine for butter. Have to say the family and especially the Mrs loved IT. This was a big hit. Very thing was perfect.
Jul 14, 2019
This recipe is the bomb-diggity! I made it for the 1st time and it was a huge hit with the family! My daughter said it was something you’d get from a gourmet breakfast restaurant and I agree. This will definitely become a regular recipe in our household. I followed the ingredients to the tee, except I only used 4 slices of toast, which more than covered the bottom of the 8x8 Baker. I also skipped the lettuce. I made the bacon the night before, which I suggest if you want less time in the kitchen the morning of.
Jun 18, 2018
First time I made it per the instructions and it was good, but the eggs were overcooked or our tastes. Second time I changed the layers instead of eggs over the bacon, I placed tomatoes, green onions and cheese. Made four small indentations and gently put a raw egg in each. Sprinkled with salt and pepper, a little paprika and baked at 350 for 12 minutes. This way the yolk is little runny, the casserole looks more like it does in the picture and it comes together faster because it eliminates frying the egg. Adjust baking time according to how you like your eggs cooked.
Jun 17, 2018
Really good! I used peppered bacon and stewed maters and onion powder
Jun 27, 2017
What a excellent breakfast to wake up to!! Great!!
Jan 7, 2015
Delicious and easy to make. I divided this recipe in half. I used Morning Star veggie bacon strips as we are vegetarian. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Priscilla.
May 29, 2014
This was amazing! Great flavor and very filling. I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of sharp cheddar on top because that's what I had on hand.
Apr 7, 2014
I made this for a lunch that I was hosting and everyone wanted the recipe. Leftovers were warmed up and tasted as good as the first time.
Nov 17, 2013
Very good recipe. Made this for company, they loved it and took home recipe.
Aug 7, 2010
VERY DELICIOUS!!!! I don't know how you come up with that combination but it goes SO well together. I now know how to make homemade sawmill gravy. Thank you! Definitely will make again. My husband wasn't going to try it right when I made it then he did and couldn't stay out of it! Going to be a new favorite in our house!