Blarney Stone Appetizer
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Add the spinach, soup, eggs, mushrooms, crumbs, feta cheese, oregano, basil, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 1-in. squares.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 47 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 8, 2016
I just made it for a ladies dinner. It was just right paired with soup. The ladies loved it. I will eat the leftovers for breakfast.
Mar 19, 2013
This was soooo good! We omitted the mushrooms since my husband does not like them.~ Theresa
Mar 18, 2013
I chopped the spinach up pretty fine to make it easier to cut the squares and doubled the feta. Everyone loved it at the St. Patrick's day party.
Feb 23, 2008
No comment left