Blackberry Sriracha Chicken Sliders
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 pretzel mini buns, split
- Addtional Sriracha chili sauce
- Leaf lettuce and tomato slices
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, stir together the first seven ingredients. Add chicken, onion and garlic. Toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours. Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, remove bones and skin; discard. Shred meat with two forks. Reserve 3 cups cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Return chicken and reserved juices to slow cooker; heat through. Using slotted spoon, serve on pretzel buns. Drizzle with additional chili sauce; top with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 352 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 30, 2020
Yum, this was so delicious! I served the chicken on regular-sized burger rolls and my family loved it. The only thing I did differently was to add a bit more sriracha and jam to the cooking liquid before adding it back to the shredded chicken (right before serving.) The blackberry jam and sriracha were delicious together. I’ll make this again for sure!
Apr 19, 2017
Made a few changes and substitutions. Substituted 3 packets of Splenda for the molasses. used canned chicken, cooked on the stovetop, and served over brown rice! Oh, I also used sugar-free raspberry jam! Delicious!
Apr 1, 2017
OMG.. I proclaim these sliders to be outstanding !! Had a large party, doubled the recipe and had folks ask for more.