Black Raspberry Dumplings
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 quart fresh or frozen black raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups prepared baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- Additional sugar, optional
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- In a 6-qt. pan, combine raspberries, 1 cup sugar, water and cornstarch; stir to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix, milk and remaining sugar in a bowl. Mix until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto berries. Cook over low heat, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes more, or until dumplings are cooked through.
- For glazed effect, sprinkle dumplings with additional sugar and a dash of nutmeg before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 292 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2013
No comment left
Jun 25, 2012
This was very fast and easy. It was a very convenient dessert to make, and you can adjust the sugar to your taste. I cut it in half so I could use a 3-qt pan, and it worked fine. With some ice cream, this was a delicious way to enjoy the berries.