Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a medium salad bowl, combine peas, onion, green pepper and garlic. Stir together all remaining ingredients and pour over vegetable mixture. Chill, covered for at least 12 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Oct 30, 2018
This is very easy salad to make ahead. It is good but seems to lack something in flavor.
Jan 2, 2017
I love this recipe. We make this every New Years Eve and New Year's Day! This is great as a salad and as a salsa with chips.
May 28, 2011
A simple and delicious recipe perfect for any meal or get-together. It is so easy to make and calls for inexpensive ingredients. I love cold salads anyway (they remind of church potlucks from when I was little :) but I particularly like this one because it has lots of flavor but is still mild enough for anyone to enjoy, even if they aren't a fan of onions or vinegar. I will definitely be making this again and again in the future!
Jan 31, 2010
No comment left