Bistro Beef Barbecue Sandwiches
These zippy barbecue sandwiches make for fun late-summer dinners and are perfect for potluck gatherings, too. The coleslaw topping adds the perfect tangy crunch. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 16 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- Mix first nine ingredients. Cut roast in half; cut slits in roast and insert garlic. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Serve on rolls with coleslaw.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Health Tip: Beef sirloin tip roast is a lean cut that’s usually more affordable than other lean roasts like beef tenderloin or a top round roast.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 411 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Jul 7, 2020
These were good but definitely had a major kick of spice. I ended up adding more brown sugar. Good flavor but I would tone down the spice for a family friendly recipe.
Aug 24, 2019
It well be recipe for a tailgate parties Betty A..