Big Dutch Pancake with Little Berries
This is a really fun recipe to prepare because the pancake puffs up into uniques shapes. The custard-like texture and buttery flavor make it fun to eat, too!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries or boysenberries
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine berries; set aside. Cut butter into pats and place in an 8-in. square baking pan. Put pan in a 425° oven for 2 minutes or until butter melts and pan is very hot. Combine milk, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. Stir in flour and sugar; beat until well mixed. Pour into hot pan. bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and brown on top. Spoon berries over top and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.