Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 thin slices Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into 12 thin patties. Top six patties with a slice of cheddar cheese, green pepper strips and a slice of onion, tomato and Swiss cheese. Top each with another patty and seal edges. Season to taste.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on lettuce-lined buns.
Aug 16, 2020
These didn't work for me; they seemed too full and fell apart while I was trying to fry them. Maybe it was because I used ground turkey? Or my slices of filling were too thick? I cut them by hand, but I think you would have to use a food processor or other slicing tool to get them thin enough. They tasted great, but were messy to serve.
May 31, 2013
No comment left