Best Veal Scallopini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 veal cutlets (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Flatten cutlets to 1/8-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add veal; turn to coat. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Add veal; cook until juices run clear, about 1 minute on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Spoon over veal. Stir broth into skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes longer. Pour over veal and mushrooms.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 435 calories, 35g fat (16g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 20, 2019
This is one of the first recipes that I can honestly say tasted good and that I would make again. My husband and guests liked it too!
Feb 24, 2019
This was very good, flavorful, easy to make and the family really liked it.
May 2, 2018
I made it for dinner and it came out great
Oct 30, 2017
I used beef broth -turned out just fine
Nov 13, 2016
Such a simple, sophisticated entree. Wonderful!
Jan 27, 2014
I've used this recipe three times and it is amazingly good. I purchase veal already cut for scallopini and it's a very fast dinner. It takes longer to make the spaghetti than the main course. I highly recommend this recipe.
Apr 25, 2013
No comment left
Mar 14, 2013
No comment left
Feb 15, 2013
I made this for my wife on Valentine's Day 2013 along with the Tangy Buttered green bean recipe. OUTSTANDING and very simple to make. THANK YOU !!!!
Jan 2, 2012
Good flavor. Doubled the recipe.