Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
This gluten-free chocolate cake is a yummy treat that everyone can enjoy. Sometimes I stir in gluten-free chocolate chips or chopped nuts for variety. —Nichele McCague, Poway, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose baking flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan, using 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 cups flour and next 9 ingredients. In another bowl, combine water, almond milk, oil and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat flour mixture into milk mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.