Berry Surprise Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups, unrolled
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 6 pouches strawberry Fruit Snacks
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and canola oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Cut each fruit roll into eight pieces; place one piece over batter in each cup. Fill two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting; decorate with Fruit Snacks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 29, 2016
These were delish!! I've been trying to sort out different Valentine recipes to fix for church kids and although this was a pretty good hit with "my testers" they didn't think it had the pizazz others might. So off we go for more tasting.
Nov 25, 2014
Aug 21, 2010
My 4 yr old son enjoyed helping with this recipe. Fun to make and fun to eat for little ones.
Aug 17, 2010
Aug 16, 2010
Made them for a family picnic. Were a hit with everyone, especially the kids. I used cream cheese frosting and assorted fruit snacks.
Aug 12, 2010
These are really yummy!! The only thing I did different was to roll up pieces of the fruit-roll-up instead of laying it flat - very, very good, and a huge hit with the kids(and husband)!!! I also used cream cheese frosting cuzz it's my fave!!Thanks for the recipe - I think I'll try the apricot F.R.U.'s next time!!
Aug 9, 2010
its easy and the surprise fruit loop is really a SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!