Berry Ricotta Puff Pancake
This slightly sweet berry puff pancake is filled with fruit and has a custardy texture that puffs up beautifully when baked. It makes an easy yet impressive breakfast. —Jessi Smith, Fort Myers, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Place in oven until butter is melted, 4-5 minutes; carefully swirl to coat evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, process eggs, ricotta, milk, vanilla and lemon zest until blended. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and process until blended. Pour into hot skillet. Top with berries.
- Bake until puffed and sides are golden brown and crisp, 25-30 minutes. Remove pancake from oven; serve immediately with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 287 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Aug 5, 2020
This definitely puffed up, as the name suggests. It was good, but I confess I prefer Dutch Babies. The portions of this are somewhat small compared to a Dutch Baby portion.